Sunday, October 3, 2010

The night of Platters

I often feel robbed when daylight saving kicks in, and therefore resort to blasting 60s music into my ears for consolation. Not that they are in any way relevant to each other. Plus the fact that the NT government owes me 2x long weekend public holidays therefore I am extra bitter..like when you add extra baking powder.

When I first got to Darwin we had a cultural session with one of the aboriginal educators, during the session he taught us how to recognise plants and some bush medicine practices (I can totally survive in the bush now thank you very much.. as long as I bring my GHD and iphone) Especially when he showed us the weapons used for hunting and that when I decided that I really want to spear a dugong from the end of a speed boat in slow motion like this:



I accept other forms of spearing, such as conversation prior with fellow colleague

S:"We were driving along this dirt track and this huge emu was just running along next to us."
Me:"OMG! I could've speared it from the roof of the four wheel drive!"
S:"LOL. Psycho."


I mean, that's how the locals do it, I wanna be cool too and drag home a bunch of feed and impress the ladies.

Apart from my new found aspiration, I also discovered new talent of baking 200x Greek cookies in 5Hrs from scratch. Oh and I finally paid some attention to my face and shaped my brows for the first time in like a whole year. They no longer look like a patch of rectangular hair growth. Hurrah.

Cranky journalist asked me the meaning of life today.
I answered her 42 like a good geek should and she appreciated it.

What exactly is the meaning of life to the individual?


This is probably a harder topic than the peanut butter subject.
Aspirations, ambitions, accomplishments, attachments, acts of kindness. What are they to you?

I leave a lingering thought while The Platters romance me on a Sunday night.

No comments: