Saturday, December 13, 2008

Penguins with an underwear malfunction

I have survived the exams!

Hurrah for baby step to MBBS, 2 months of sleeping in, severe caffeine withdrawals and normal breathing patterns (apart from hyperventilating or sometimes I dont think I breathed or performed bodily functions compatible with life).

So after being terribly violated in the bum by med school, the family had decided to visit Philip island after like 10 years. The whole family then packed food, winter clothing and jumped in the car, drove 10 hours (thanks to bloody road work and most boring route ever from albury) and got to the island. I must say it was a rather pleasant trip. We stayed over the weekend, paid ridiculous amount of money for a motel and saw a whole bunch of penguins. The island had other stuff too of course, like koalas, kangaroos, you know, the touristy stuff. So here's a quick break down of the things we did and so next time you're there you'll probably have an idea. (Is anyone from philip island going to pay me for this?)

The Koala park thing ( I forgot the name)
Koalas must be the cutest things ever. They're soft and lazy and suffers from chlamydia too! (didnt know that did you). The park has awesome signs such as:

"Do not touch up the koalas"

"Do not swear at them"


Which I personally think is very important you do not touch them koalas as 1. To not catch chlamydia 2. Not pass around the chlamydia to other koalas you touch up after that first one. or 3. any other person/animal you touch up after.


Here's a real koala tempting you to break the rules. And he's sitting right next to the sign, with his butt outstretched.
So the koala park was pretty cool. And we saw heaps of cute but diseased koalas sleeping and stuff. We took some photos (as you can see) and moved on.



The weird science place

So we went to the weird science place with a giant maze! We got totally lost and left halfway cause it was going to rain...

Suppose to find 4 flags but we only found 2...


Jocelyn being a pirate in a maze..(?)
So after all that exciting adventures on the island, we stopped by some chocolate factory that seemed to be a mini ripped off version of the Willy Wonka factory with Indians instead of Oompa Loompas running the place. The visit lasted 20 minutes and 0 chocolate bars in our pockets. And no we didnt have a golden ticket.

Finally it's 6pm and time for the penguins! The penguins are apparently the only reason why you should be on that island. because they're SO CUTE. But it's SO COLD. so I dont know how to really toss up between staring at cute penguins swimming and running back to shore versus freezing your bum to death especially since you're sitting on concrete and that disperse heat before your ass can say "Oooh". Oh well. We're tourists right? So we do the tourist thing:

We sat on concrete, said "Oooh", dispearsed plenty of heat through our backside and watched tiny penguins 500m away.

That basically concluded the wonderful family trip down south also taking into account that upon arrival I realised I have forgotten to bring underwear. Yes. Sleeping in an oddly expensive motel without underwear on is a totally new experience and I suggest everyone should do that at least once in their lifetime.

Nonetheless, it was great experience and we had plenty of fun. Also this entry was started in December 2008 and I'm only completing it today and it's almost July. Haha, I guess it's a good thing my career doesnt involve handing blog entries in on time.

No comments: